Google
 

Welcome to the Internet Business Blog


Monday, November 5, 2007

Adsense: Video Ad Unit Makes Good Sense

Adsense Video is moving hard into online marketing where print has already taken over. Next I think we will see audio ads with no video which may work well for the site impaired. As Marketers we ask the question "what are people looking for that they can not get anywhere?" and if we can find the answer we can create wealth.

I think I was one of the first individuals to add a Adsense Video Unit to my website and Blog. The reason I say this is because I was Using Google Adsense just 12 hours before adding the Video Unit and it was not an option.

You can tell Adsense Video Units are in an infant state because of the limited options. The Videos seem to get the interest of visitors to my sites but I think it has more to do with the "newness" of it. When I viewed one of the Video Ad Units it appeared to be show where different people answered online generated computing questions.

The Video is from YouTube [of course] and the ads are placed in the header and footer of the Video Ad Unit window. Your allowed to select different videos at anytime, pause, stop, play, and volume controls are available. I don't believe the video its self is an ad, only an enticement. In my case the video had little to do with the Ads but it was going in the right direction.

I'm sure we all realize Google is working hard to get more videos that are directly related to their ads. We [Internet Marketers] may be able to help provide more Videos.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing more ebooks that outline a recipe to dominate online video advertising worldwide. Although video is not new to television; with Google's purchase of YouTube we know video has a potential to reach those people where other advertising avenues have fallen short.

I have blue printed various video ads and have come up with a few ideas that will turn into a very profitable marketing technique...


Until next time
Will C.

No comments: