Google
 

Welcome to the Internet Business Blog


Friday, November 2, 2007

Landing Page For Opt-In Email

You can get people to give you their email address if you have an enticing Landing Page (or sometimes called a squeeze page). I use to believe all you had to do to get people (who visit your website) to give you their email address was ask for it.

Well not exactly, I used what I saw online as my basis for an opt-in email campaign. This consisted of a autoresponder working in the background and some ad copy that simply said "Sign up for our Newsletter..."; sound familiar? But, I had no idea that a landing page/squeeze page was the better option for email opt-in enticement. In fact I always found sqeeze pages to be annoying.

If I landed on an opt-in landing page I always thought "I haven't determined whether I like the info on the website so why would I give you my email address?".

I am in the process of creating a landing page with an book and cd ecover that has some small but enticing ad copy. Those that sign up will get a downloadable step by step website implementation and marketing Audio/Video at no cost. The Audio/Video can be shared but not altered. Depending on how large I make the "give-away", I may also sell the PLR rights. None of this is new to seasoned marketers but I can almost gurantee if I'm just learning it, some of you are too.

I've been article marketing over the last 4 months in order to generate backlinks and targeted traffic. As I begin to see traffic I was like COOL! But I began to think gosh I, "what do I want to do with the traffic now that I'm getting it????

As I've stated before (or maybe I haven't), you only get better at Internet Marketing through constant research and testing.

Research: finding out new ways to promote your online business.
Testing: launching multiple marketing strategies and testing their performance against each other.

I will create 3 different landing pages (with different copy) and go with the one that performs better after a certain period of time.

Building a list takes time and building a targeted list takes creativity and proven tactics. Marketing to an email list (once you get one) does not mean to market or sale in every email you send. You also need to continue to give your list something of value at no cost. Lastly, always look for ways to increase the list or build new targeted lists.

I realize this only scratches the surface of email marketing but I'm going in the right direction.

Are you?

Also, are you consistently adding fresh content to your website?


Talk to you soon,
Will C.

No comments: